Apr 10, 2007

Peanut Butter & Jelly


Ever have a favorite uncle who teaches you cool things? I had one and he was more like a big brother than an uncle. He played with me when I was a kid. I pulled the white striping off his car because I thought it was tape. He didn't punish me. He just shook his head. We had shoe fights, water balloon fights and my favorite was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. He also gave me a love of good music. What does any of this have to do with knitting? Our family lost him two years ago and I miss him terribly.


When I learned how to knit I had a bunch of purple and tan homespun yarn and was experimenting with the colors to create blankets that didn't have boring color palattes. I starting making the blanket i started to notice the colors strongly resembled a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich. So that's what I called it. I've since made several of these blankets and I'm happy to report - everyone loves their peanut butter and jelly blankets....

No comments: