Jun 13, 2011

Quilting Bug


Look what MamaC gave me!!!!! It's a great looking sewing machine. And why did she give this to me? Because I've been bitten by the quilting bug!!!!! I found myself missing my Granny and was looking around to see how I could feel closer to her. Quilting was one of the many things that she did well. Lawd have mercy I miss her peach cobblers! Whew.....I digress.

Quilting is something that I figured I could try to see if my creative genius (tee hee) would continue to flow with. I am finding that the older I get the more I want to create things with my hands. I want to make gifts for people that will last longer than the fleeting moment of a gift card. Anyway - my first attempt with be something simple. It's called the Plus Quilt. MamaC and I will definately have some fun working on this one.

Choosing fabric is just as hard as choosing yarn for a project. I won't even tell you about the millions of choices and patterns. It's definately gonna be a journey. I won't however be putting my knitting needles down anytime soon.




No comments: