Aug 19, 2007

Finishing is catching on!

Apparently I’ve had a burst of finishing itis – and here is proof! I finished all the ends of all my many dishcloths that I’ve been making for most of my friends. So what did I do to reward myself with the finishing of all my dishcloths? I started making the Argosy Baby Blanket – found here in the Bernat Cotton. It’s pretty cool cos I bought the yarn on ebay about two years ago and found it when re-organizing my stash.

Now I must tell you – I hate reading instructions or working on patterns that require a whole lot of attention. I hate to admit it – but if the pattern doesn’t have an easy pattern to memorize – I’m not real interested in working on it. I see all the cool patterns that I aspire to knit and probably bought all of them so as I grow in my knitting – I will have a pattern to work on when I reach that point in my knitting maturity.

The other thing about knitting complicated patterns – I have tried using all of the cute knitting gadgets that allow you to count the rows as you knit – but nothing has worked for me better than my trusty pencil and post it. I guess every knitter has to find what works for them. Anyway – when I started the blanket the first time – I just about tore my hair out because I thought I had lost my mind completely with the pattern. Turns out it was my lack of attention to the pattern and not tracking where I was with my post-it and pencil. I think I tore it out about seven times before I put it down for about a month. Well some quiet time opened up in my schedule (ok I was knitting at two a.m.) because I refused to let myself be defeated by an easily memorizable pattern. Well lo and behold – the Argosy and I became friends! (I wish I had the same feeling about the Mason Dixon Ball Band Dishcloth) As you can see – I’ve made some progress on this lovely blanket and hope to have it finished by Christmas. We shall see.

I hope all of you had a great weekend. It was a balmy day weekend in Northern California. By the way –go see the The Bourne Ultimatum…..action from the first minute to the last. Matt Damon did really well in this movie.

1 comment:

beanchild said...

woohoo, girl! go on witcha bad self!! *cheering madly*