Feb 10, 2008

Still Working on one of my Many WIPS

Hey Folks,

I haven't forgotten about y'all. I've been working on one of my many WIPS. I started knitting a heart lace baby blanket - but me and the pattern just did not get along so I frogged it in favor of the Argosy Baby Blanket found here. I started this pattern a long time ago and just couldnt get my mind wrapped around it. I decided to take the advice I'd given to my new knitting student...just trust the pattern. How many times have you started knitting something and thought well if I just change it here - then it will work there. Ha! I had to learn the hard way that this is most unacceptable. Sometimes the people who write the patterns know what they are doing. I just knew Vyvyan had made a mistake in the pattern and just dropped it into the frog pond. Well low and behold due to mucho user error that pattern and I have become friends. We are knitting down the second page with I believe four more sections to go before finishing. I will post photos later as the camera seems to have disappeared on me.

By the way - I moved and in the move I got a knitfloozy's dream My own room for yarn!!!! Yes you read that right - I have a whole room - just for yarn. And mr. knitfloozy was shocked at the amount of yarn that has been amassed in four years. I think that means that I am on a yarn diet for awhile. I did tell him that sock yarn does not count as stash and got that look. You know the one - "Sounds good honey but don't buy anymore yarn until you've used this up". Such is life....

2 comments:

beanchild said...

congrats on the move. :)

urbanknitrix said...

I want my own Yarn room - I told my son he needs to hurry up and complete college - so I can have his room. He said WOW, your really into this knit thing, huh... I would say yes and trus the pattern is a mantra I am trying to keep in my head...very hard.